"America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion"







Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life




Please visit the new site of http://www.prolifewarrior.com/ and join in the fun of throwing cyber punches at those who believe 'fetuses' are not people













Thursday, June 7, 2012

INTRODUCTION TO REVELATION, PART 1




George Offerman

As promised, I will spend the rest of the month of June writing on Revelation.  I had to address the Bilderberg meeting, as it in some ways is fulfilling prophecy as we watch.  As mentioned before, the beast is a one world religiously lead monster that arises in response to the first four trumpets.  This monster doesn’t come together ‘spontaneously’, but is meticulously constructed by its master the devil.  It does not have ultimate authority yet, because its hour of time is not here.  But don’t be fooled, this group is changing the course of humanity and is doing it in a way that is detrimental to us all.

The study of Revelation is really the study of all the books in the Bible.  Without a comprehensive knowledge of the whole story, Revelation makes no sense whatsoever.  I can only compare this to a short story I read while in junior high, “The secret life of Walter Mitty”.  This short story continually flows between real life and imaginary and grandeur daydreams that counter this man’s horrible reality that he is nothing other than a coward by choice, and his struggle in dealing with this reality by seeing himself in lifesaving and life altering situations.  Without understanding this interplay, this short story would be impossible to understand.  Yet that is what many expositors of the book of Revelation do.  It is through their intellectual laziness and need to sensationalize that causes the problems we are seeing today concerning prophecy.

There are three areas of study I know well.  Psychology, as that is what I do for a living.  The second is the silver market, in which I have studied for nearly twenty years, and my greatest passion, prophecy, which I have studied for the past 38 years.  I have written about all three on many occasions and the highest standard I require of myself is to have informed and well researched positions in order to minimize any misunderstanding or misinterpretation that would result in the reader getting hurt.  I am not asking anyone to agree with my conclusions, but to definitely read them with an open mind and consider them.

However, it is the responsibility of the reader to form his mind to do critical analysis of any material presented.  For instance, someone with a strong opinion on a matter does not carry the same authority on a subject as someone who has researched and used solid methodology to come to a differing conclusion.  I have experienced this way too often in this matter of working on Revelation.  It is unfortunate and seems to be the majority of times that many allow themselves to be swept up in a sensationalist view of current events, and allow themselves to be duped into believing expositors that either use poor hermeneutics, or sensationalize matters in order to make a buck.  For people to allow this to happen consistently only reflects their own ignorance on the whole aspect of prophecy in scripture.

That is why I don’t have a high tolerance anymore for those who will make ‘bold’ proclamations concerning Revelation that do not come true, and then don’t have the integrity to admit their mistakes.  I also no longer stay quiet when anyone throws out statements like “this event is just like the second bowl’ or ‘the mark is here!!!’ when there is absolutely no evidence, and their claims do not fulfill all of the criteria of the prophecy as written.  I hear this all of the time now a days, and it strikes me as very ironic that these so called “Christians’ become most uncharitable in their language when called on their error.  I ask these folks a very basic question:  Please show me the fulfillment of the other trumpets and bowls?  They don’t respond, as in EVER in the positive.  

Because there is a need to understand the nature of Biblical prophecy in its entirety, it is essential that a tried and true methodology be utilized.  38 years of due diligence has taught me a few things about this book and it has lead me to see a solid picture of how God operates in our time and how to read the current times and see where they fit in the timeline set in Scripture.  So, tomorrow, I will go over the hermeneutics used and some of the struggles I’ve encountered in the matters of interpretation.  There is so much I could write about that an introduction to this book could take weeks.  It is more important to get this information out than to tell my personal journey over the past 38 years.  So stay tuned, and keep an open mind concerning this material.

 


2 comments:

  1. WHO do you 'think' you are that you 'think' that YOU can explain the Revelation of John?

    Have you personally received the Vision of the "Son of man", the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives?

    According to Revelations 5:3-9 only ONE person is capable of explaining the Revelation of John.

    You are claiming to have been Jesus, whether or not you are AWARE of it.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,

    Do you really think I'm claiming to be Jesus? That's intersting, but
    fallacious. I have this one question for you: What is the purpose of
    prophecy if we are not to interpret it? Was it put there to just mess
    with us?

    What I am doing is using proper hermeneutics, which as been given
    through scriptures. Study fulfilled prophecy, and you will conclude
    that prophecy needs to be fulfilled exactly as written and in the
    order writte. This was done way before I was born, and will be done
    way after I die.

    Also, Please show the errors of my way without personal attack. It is
    very unbecoming of a christin to do so.

    also Revelation 5:3-9 refers to the lamb, the one who is worthy to
    take the scroll. that is very distinct from 'interpreting' a book in
    the Bible which was given to man to know what God is going to do in
    the future.

    George

    ReplyDelete