"America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion"







Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life




Please visit the new site of http://www.prolifewarrior.com/ and join in the fun of throwing cyber punches at those who believe 'fetuses' are not people













Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THE GROUND SHOOK, BUT ALL IS WELL

George Offerman

I had nearly completed another post when the ground shook today.  Needless to say, it was a scary 30 + seconds, and rather intense, but all of us at my place of employment made it out safe.  we ended up being sent home early due to the fact our building is required by law to have an inspection prior to allowing the public back in for their healthcare needs.  I also expect I will be dealing with more than a few people who will have an increase in anxiety.

It was how I reacted that concerned me the most.  My first impulse was to not pray, but to want to run out of the building as soon as possible.  I was able to compose myself after a few seconds, and then said a quick prayer for the safety of the building and all of my colleagues and patients in our facility.  The shaking eventually stopped and we were able to process what had happened.  I think we will all have a different perspective on presuming everyting will be alright even when at work and having at least the perception it is a safe place.

Anyway, thanks to all who have shown their concern and for those who prayed for us.  We dodged a bullet today, and need to be thanking God for the severity of this quake, and really having minimal damage.  Praise be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment